Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Home again

We're now back in Florida, and trying to catch up on emails, bills, laundry, phone messages, etc. Things get piled up even when you're only gone for a week!

Thank you to those of you who so faithfully checked our blog while we were gone. It was a joy to be able to share some of our stories with you. Many people have asked how we've been feeling. It's hard to say. Of course we enjoyed our time with Samuel so much, and it was difficult to leave. But we knew from the beginning that we'd have to come home without him, and so our hearts were prepared for that (as much as they can be). I did shed some tears on the flight from Moscow to London, knowing that we were leaving our son's country. But we are confident that these next few months will fly by, and that we'll be reunited with him before we know it.

I do want to share a few pictures with you. Sorry that you can't see his face yet, but at least you can see a piece of our bonding time with him. It truly was a time that we'll treasure for the rest of our lives.
Yes, this is our son with a pink bonnet. I also gave him water from a pink bottle. I think they're not fussy as long as the stuff works!

Sam and Daddy, reading a book (actually Sam chewing on the book is more accurate).

I guess chewing is the theme here...now it's my necklace!

OK, this looks a little more like Dad and Sam reading.

This is the only picture of the three of us I can show you for now...more to come in a few months!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I had the biggest smile the whole time i read that. = ) you guys are most certainly in our prayers and gosh, I am so stoked for you both - how awesome

Heather Brandt said...

Glad everything went well! Hope you are able to get paperwork done quickly so that you can have a court date soon :)

Heather Brandt
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Jenn said...

Ben and Melissa- I am so excited. His name is perfect, the whole story is perfect. I praise God so much for this little boy. He is so loved. We'll be praying that God will make his presence known to little Sam while you're away so he won't be alone. I can't wait till you bring him home and can't wait for your shower.
Love Love Love!!! Jenn

illiehughes said...

Goosebumps! So touching to see the photos and see just how happy you guys look! I know you'll be the best parents ever! MUCH LOVE! XO,Liz Hughes

Lyndsey Lewis said...

Oh, Melissa....I just don't have any words...like Jen said, it's just so perfect.

~Serra~ said...

Ben, I enjoyed your talk today at church (and I hope you feel better Melissa) Just wanted to say how happy I am for you and you and Sam are constantly in my prayers...
I'm so grateful for the Nugents =)
<3 Serra