Thursday, July 3, 2008

I love...

*rocking with my son while he's drinking his bottle and looking deep into his dark brown eyes.

*the way his little legs are crossed at his ankles when we're rocking. It's adorable!

*listening to him crack himself up over something and start giggling with his contagious laugh.

*that he loves to be held by Ben and me. All the time. I try to remember this is a *good* thing for attachment, and have learned to do dishes, vacuum, cook, and eat one-handed. It's amazing how quickly you can adapt when you need to!

*watching him learn new things every day. He waves hi and bye-bye, and is signing "all done" and "more." It's so fun to communicate with him!

*that he has grown from an intense fear of the water to loving bath time and swimming with Daddy.

*that when he's not feeling good, I'm the one who gets to console him, rather than a nurse halfway around the world.

*how his little face lights up and he screams with glee whenever Daddy gets home.

*watching my husband transform into an amazing Daddy before my eyes.

*being a mom!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he loves being your son as much as you love being new parents! It'll be great to meet him and see you three in action. =) I'm so happy for you both.

illiehughes said...

Oh my I have tears in my eyes! :')
But they are happy tears becuase I'm so very happy for the three of you. It makes my heart happy to read your blog. I'm sending my love from the left coast.

XOXO
Liz H

Anonymous said...

We are very happy for you guys and can't wait to meet Sam! I am currently in your own stomping grounds, running into Navs left and right here at Snow Mountain Ranch.

Heather Brandt said...

What beautiful writing about being a mommy to Sam! It helps me to re-focus on the "why" behind all the packing, shopping and travel hassles. By the way, the travel related-prayer concern was taken care of and we will be able to save a little money :)

heather

Jenn said...

And I love...
The Nugents!!!
Little Sam and his crazy contagious smile
Reading your blog
Praising God for His provision in your lives