Friday, May 16, 2008

Visa update--still in progress

We just received an email from our family coordinator with the latest news on our visa situation. Things are moving ahead and we are very encouraged by this news! We were able to obtain the letter we needed from the Ministry of Education in Nizhny, which allows us to apply for an adoption visa. We weren't sure if they would be willing to write this letter on our behalf, but they did. Praise God for moving this mountain for us!

The letter is now at the travel agency that processes visas for our adoption agency. They were very professional and helpful for the visas on our first trip. They are in contact with the Russian consulate, and we are waiting for the consulate's response as to whether or not we can obtain the adoption visas. I don't know how long they expect this to take, but of course we are hoping it will be early next week! Please pray that God will move this last mountain for us--to His glory.

And here's a cool God story to finish off the post. Yesterday, we flew from Florida to Colorado. We ate lunch in Atlanta on our layover. An older couple next to us started some small talk with us and a guy on the other side of them. Ben and I went back to eating, but Ben heard the couple say they were on their way to Russia for a cruise. The guy at the other table said he and his wife were on their way to Russia too. I had been tuning them out until I heard him say, "Niznhy Novgorod...it's the third largest city in Russia." I heard those words as if he had screamed them! I leaned over and said, "Excuse me, did you just say Nizhny Novgorod?" He said yes, his wife was from there and he was going over to meet her extended family. I couldn't believe it! We talked a bit, and then met his wife when she returned to the table. I told Ben it was a hug from God to my heart. It just confirmed that He is making a way for us, and I am confident that this visa situation will be resolved very soon. Thanks for your prayers!

*I also posted shower pictures earlier today, so check out the post below if you haven't looked yet. :-)

3 comments:

Kravtsovs said...

This is such an amazing story that God is writing! As I prayed for you guys, there was no doubt that God is going to provide, and you will be with your true son soon! We love you guys!!!

DNS said...

Woohoo!! Yay God!! I loved what you said about a hug for your heart; He is surely making a way for you guys.

Glad to hear too that there is progress on the visa front. We have been praying and praying!

Hugs from Florida,
Shannon

sjbeatty said...

Hi guys!

I've got a question for you but I've lost your email address. Can you send me a note...Thanks!

sjbeatty@prairieinet.net