Friday, May 2, 2008

We have a court date!

The phone call we'd been waiting for finally came yesterday morning! After so much waiting, we were both starting to feel like we might never hear anything from Russia. Our paperwork arrived in NN on April 7, and we knew that it had to be translated and submitted to the court by the end of April because our judge is on vacation for the month of May. As the end of April approached, we both started to prepare for the possibility that we might not hear anything until after the judge's vacation.

We were in Tampa this week for some regional staff meetings (which, on a side note, were very refreshing for our souls). On Tuesday afternoon, I was walking near the water with a staff friend when my cell phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, and it was from Virginia (where America World is located). My heart skipped a beat, and I told my friend it was our agency. We both got super excited, but it ended up being a call from the financial department. It was definitely an encouraging call about our fundraising, but not the call I'd been hoping for.

On Wednesday night, Ben and I realized that the end of April had arrived with no word from Russia. We talked it over, and realized that even though it would be hard to perhaps wait another month to hear anything, we were confident that God's timing would be perfect for our family.

The next morning (yesterday), as we were getting ready to head to the beach, my cell phone rang. I checked the caller ID. Virginia again. Could it be? I answered, and heard the voice of our family coordinator. I almost screamed, because I knew this was the call! She told me we had a court date, which I quickly told Ben. I'm sure our faces were priceless--how great is our God!

We will leave the US on June 2. Our court date is June 5, and after taking care of various legal paperwork and documents, we'll return to Gainesville as a family of three on June 17. Praise the Lord! We'll be able to be in Russia with Sam on his birthday, which was one of our specific requests. It's amazing to think that we're leaving one month from today. We appreciate your prayers as we prepare for this trip of a lifetime.

8 comments:

The Dogs said...

I literally have tears in my eyes . God is so good. Congradulations!!!!!!

DNS said...

I stand in awe of our great and compassionate God! He does, indeed, take care of the desires of our hearts. Friends, in one month, you will be on a plane to your little one! I have butterflies for you just thinking of it! I have to confess that I really can't wait for June 17 when you return home...Asher is hoping for a play date whenever Sam is up to it. :)

love you guys and so rejoicing with you,
Shannon and Derick

Sandy said...

Oh Praise God!!!! Melissa I'm so excited for you all. What a fun day to check your blog!
Also, I'm so sorry to have missed your shower, I was a bit of mess anyway with sickness but I'm feeling much better now. Thanks for your prayer and you too are in mine for smoothness and blessings in this time.

Anonymous said...

God is so good...all the time! We can't wait to meet our new grandson!
Love,Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Ya! We're happy for you guys. I can't wait to see pics of your little man.

jchaas said...

WOW, that is AMAZING, again, we are SO happy for you! big smiles :)

Rachel said...

I'm so glad that you will be able to be with Sam on his birthday! What an amazing answer to prayer!

joe.joy.noelle said...

Hooray! God is good! Wonderful news! I am tearing as I write this...a family together at last. We love you and anxiously await with you...